The Swapo Party Politburo is currently underway in Windhoek, Monday the 20th of February 2017.
-By Hage Geingob President of Swapo & President of Namibia.
- Let me welcome all of you to the first SWAPO Party Politburo meeting of the Year 2017 and also wish you all a Happy New Year.
- We are calling this year, the year of rededication. As a nation, we are rededicating ourselves to our core national value, which in turn are SWAPO values as well.
- This is the year we rededicate ourselves to the ideals of our SWAPO Party as per the SWAPO Party Constitution.
- Let us rededicate ourselves to unite the people of Namibia, irrespective of race, religion, sex, or ethnic origin into a democratic, vibrant and peace-loving nation;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to defend and protect Namibia’s hard-won freedom and independence;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to foster a sense of common purpose and collective destiny among Namibian people;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to combat retrogressive tendencies of tribalism, ethnicity, nepotism, racism, sexism, chauvinism, regionalism, personality cult, etc.;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to instill in the Namibian people a spirit of patriotism and to develop in them the consciousness that they are the masters of their own destiny;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to educate the people to uphold, with honour and pride, Namibia’s emblems which constitute the symbols of the country’s sovereignty, the constitution, the national flag, the national anthem, the coat of arms, etc.;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to promote the development of the culture of the Namibian people through the reconstruction of the nation’s system of education, the encouragement of cultural exchanges with other nations as well as incentives to Namibians who show potential for technological and artistic creativity;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to ensure that Namibia works, on the one hand, in close cooperation with other African states, to advance the cause of African unity and, with all the other states to promote world peace and security, on the other;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to fight under development, poverty, illiteracy and disease;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to promote accelerated economic development and to create a balance and interlinkages between the primary and the secondary sectors of our economy in order to promote self-reliance and the upliftment of the standard of living of the vast majority of the Namibian people;
- Let us rededicate ourselves to invest by way of acquiring shares or otherwise in any viable business, venture or enterprise; and
- Let us rededicate ourselves to establish companies, close corporations and any other business organization, either wholly owned by the PARTY or the PARTY in partnership with either organizations or institutions, with the view to generating funds necessary to ensure the smooth function and operations of the PARTY.
Comrades, this Year 2017, let us challenge ourselves as leaders, as cadres, as functionaries; to reignite the entire Namibia with the flames of unity and patriotism. Let us rededicate ourselves to eradicate the scourges of poverty, hunger and corruption so that we can build a strong, united and unbreakable Namibian House. Together we stand, divided we fall. One Namibia, One Nation.
SWAPO united, SWAPO victorious, Now hard work!
3,077 total views, no views today